Outlining the respect we have for cloudschool.org user data
Cloudschool Pty Ltd
Last Modified: October 13, 2014
There are many different ways you can use our services – to create new content, to record and share information or to communicate with other people. When you share information with us, for example by creating a Cloudschool.org account, we can make our services even better. As you use our services, we want you to be clear how we’re using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
A summary of our attitude toward your privacy
1. Your trust is of the utmost importance to us and we will never betray it
2. We are dedicated to users in the Cloudschool.org community
3. Your personal data and the content you create is yours
4. Your private data is private
5. Your data is protected by our security measures
6. You can share your data with the people you choose
This Statement Explains
- What information we collect and why we need to collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information. Your privacy matters to Cloud School so wether you are new to the Cloudschool.org community or a long-time user, please do take the time to get to know our practices – and if you have any questions contact us.
Information We Collect
We collect information in two ways:
- Information you give us. For example, our Cloudschool.org services require you to sign up for a Cloudschool.org account. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name and email address.
- Information we get from your use of our services. We may collect information about the services that you use and how you use them.
This information includes:
- Device Information: We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model and operating system version.)
- Log information: When you use our services or view content provided by Cloud School, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include:
- Device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- Cookies that may uniquely identify your Cloudschool.org account.
- Unique application numbers. Certain services include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to Cloud School when you install that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers
- Cookies and anonymous identifiers. We use various technologies to collect and store information when you use Cloud School services, and this may include sending one or more cookies or anonymous identifiers to your device.
How We Use Information We Collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect Cloud School and our users.
When you contact Cloud School, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services.
We will ask for your consent before using information for a purpose other than those that are set out in this Privacy Statement.
Cloud School processes personal information on our servers in many countries around the world. We may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
Transparency and Choice
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. For example, you can:
- Control who you share information with
- Control which information you make public and which information you keep private
- Take information out of Cloudschool.org
Information You Share
Our services let you share information with others. Our services provide you with different options on sharing and deleting your content.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
Your personal information can be access and updated at any time via your Cloudschool.org account settings. Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information We share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Cloud School unless one of the following circumstances apply:
- With your consent. We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Cloud School when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any personal information.
- For external processing. We provide personal information to our affiliates or other trusted businesses or persons to process it for us, based on our instructions and in compliance with our Privacy Statement and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- For legal reasons. We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Cloud School if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Cloud School, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
If Cloud School is involved in a merger, acquisition or asset sale, we will continue to ensure the confidentiality of any personal information and give affected users notice before personal information is transferred or becomes subject to a different Privacy Statement.
We work hard to protect Cloud School and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We provide industry standard verification when you access your Cloudschool.org account.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to Cloud School employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Our Privacy Statement applies to all of the services offered by Cloud School Pty Ltd but excludes services that have separate privacy statements that do not incorporate this Privacy Statement.
We regularly review our compliance with our Privacy Statement. When we receive formal written complaints, we will contact the person who made the complaint to follow up. We work with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that we cannot resolve with our users directly.
Our Privacy Statement may change from time to time. We will not reduce your rights under this Privacy Statement without your explicit consent. We will post any privacy statement changes on this page and, if the changes are significant, we will provide a more prominent notice (including, for certain services, email notification of privacy statement changes).